Fee Protection Services
Anyone can be selected for HMRC tax investigations –
a business, director or individual tax payer
A tax investigation could cost you money even if you’ve done nothing wrong.
- £34 billion – the estimated tax gap between what HMRC should collect and what it does get
- £26 billion – the additional amount of annual tax income that HMRC are targeting to achieve through compliance activity
- £80 million – spent to develop strategic risk database that automatically generates tax enquiries
Tax investigations are time consuming, stressful, costly and can last for many months. Even if you are found to owe nothing you will still have to pay your professional representation fees.
For a modest annual fee you can safeguard yourself from the cost of the professional fees associated with an investigation.
How the service works:
The service covers up to the equivalent of £100,000 towards our professional fees resulting from an HMRC enquiry.
Advantages of the policy
- We have the expertise and experience in dealing with HMRC
- You will have peace of mind that the experts are dealing with HMRC on your behalf
- Dealing with HMRC on your own could make matters worse
- Early intervention can lead to early resolution
- Additional tax due can be avoided or mitigated
Additional peace of mind
Included as part of the Fee Protection Service is comprehensive access to employment, Health and Safety and HR expertise at no cost to you.